Saturday, January 20, 2007

Who Will Choreograph Your Year?

A word from Mrs. Daphne

As dancers, we were designed with a gift within our hearts to praise the Lord with our bodies. In 2007, challenge yourself to allow God to be the choreographer. Let Him guide your steps and teach you how to move.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own
understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths.” Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Years ago, this passage carried me through my darkest hour. At the loss of our firstborn son on Christmas night, the Lord woke me up with this scripture running through my mind. Two days after his funeral, I went to church and danced! Not because my body or emotions “felt” like it, but because I had told the Lord years earlier that I would praise Him ALL the days of my life. And, by faith, I danced that day. Years later, this scripture, and my son, David, remind me that God can handle anything life brings. And God can handle anything life brings you this year as well! But you must praise Him and thank Him at all times. You must be willing to follow His steps.

This is a year and time to follow the integrity of God’s word and grow in truth… be knowledgeable of the scriptures firsthand and what they say about life issues. Clean up and get things in order. Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is the big show! Stay plugged in to your choreographer’s instructions so that you know what to do. Don’t just grab His choreography for selfish gain. Follow His steps for His glory and His larger purposes—for the message and those on stage with you. Walk in holiness and hunger after all God has for you. Allow your Heavenly Father to choreograph and direct your year by his Holy Spirit and Word. And don’t forget, whether you are in a valley or on top of mountain, praise Him!! Praise Him!! Always, Praise Him…………….

“Let them praise His name with dancing and make music to him with the
tambourine and harp. For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the
humble with salvation.” Psalm 149:3

Curtain’s UP!